Moving Medicine classes synthesize Yamuna Body Rolling, Pilates and a variety of dance-based movement techniques. The class flow is supported by music and focus on whole body, three dimensional movement. We move breath, muscles and the whole body as we explore the healing medicine of movement. Classes typically include Yamuna breath and release work, move through a set of Pilates exercises and integrate movement techniques, specifically the Talawa Technique developed by Thomas Presto, to move us toward increasingly more complex whole body movement. The goal of these classes is to cultivate awareness, love and the power of our moving bodies.
This class is for anyone who identifies as Black and as a woman. We focus on building self care practices in a supportive community.
- Yoga Mat
- Pearl Yamuna Ball
- Set of Black Yamuna Balls
First time taking a class with DBP, please complete the waiver/registration form and if you need more information or have questions feel free to book a 15 minute introductory call.
Some recommendations for setting up for online classes
- Attach speakers to your computer if you have them for better sound quality. We will be using music sometimes
- Connect to Zoom through a laptop if available for better sound quality and for ease of screen positioning.
- Position computer and screen so that you have a good view of it.
- If available set up in a space where you can move – we won’t be doing big traveling movements, but having as much space as possible will make it more fun.
- If you can turn off cell phones for the hour that would be great too.