Pilates Mat classes focus on building strength and increasing body awareness. Classes draw on Pilates Mat repertoire to build exercise progressions that increase in difficulty. There will be a special focus on building strength in the core, but each week includes a focus on other parts of the body, as well as whole body movement. The progression, moving from easier to more challenging versions of an exercise, structure enables students of all levels to work where they are both challenged and safe. The goal is to build deep strength that supports healthy, easeful movement.
- Yoga Mat
- 36 in foam roller
First time taking a class with DBP, please complete the waiver/registration form and if you need more information or have questions feel free to book a 15 minute introductory call.
Some Recommendations for setting up for online classes
- Attach speakers to your computer if you have them for better sound quality. We will be using music sometimes
- Connect to Zoom through a laptop if available for better sound quality and for ease of screen positioning.
- Position computer and screen so that you have a good view of it.
- If available set up in a space where you can move – we won’t be doing big traveling movements, but having as much space as possible will make it more fun.
- If you can turn off cell phones for the hour that would be great too.